In 2014, RAIN was busy in communities across Ontario and beyond – here are few highlights of our year!
- In Calgary, 100 RAIN Home visits were conducted by Green Calgary– 92% of respondents to a follow up survey said they’d recommend this service to others! Home visits have also been taking place in Kitchener and Waterloo (REEP Green Solutions), and Hamilton (Green Venture)
- Permeable paving trainings took place in Kingston (Hearthmakers Energy Cooperative), Peterborough (GreenUP), and Hamilton (Green Venture) this fall, demonstrating technologies like Hydromedia, Interlocking Permeable Concrete Pavers, and IOWAT
- RAIN representatives from Green Communities Canada, REEP Green Solutions, and Windfall Ecology Centre presented at the Latornell Conservation Symposium in November, on Depave Paradise, rain gardens, and engagement in the IC&I sector.
- REEP Green Solutions celebrated its 15 year anniversary by giving out six RAIN Community Action Stormwater awards, sponsored by the cities of Kitchener and Waterloo to residents and commercial establishments who have demonstrated stormwater leadership and innovation
- Depave Paradise events took place in Kingston (Hearthmakers), Hamilton (Green Venture), Mississauga (Ecosource), Ottawa, (Ecology Ottawa), and Peterborough (GreenUP)
Stay tuned for what’s coming up in 2015!