Awards and Achievements
Our projects have a solid track record of success.
We’ve leveraged a diverse and far-reaching network of expert community service providers, many already working on community-level stormwater programming. The RAIN team and community participants have worked hard to achieve some great results. We’ve got the numbers to prove it!
Here are some of the highlights:
Connecting with Communities
- Engaged over 15,000 people face-to-face
- Held 150 special events
- Organized 70 hands-on workshops
- Conducted over 600 RAIN home visits in five communities
- Diverted over 3 million litres of stormwater from storm sewers
- Depaved over 3,000 m² of hard surfaces
- Created rain gardens totalling 525 m²
Funding & Media
- Raised over $2,000,000
- Received 160 media hits
- RAIN Community Solutions program received the Minister’s Award for Environmental Excellence in the Non-Government Organization category. This award recognizes significant contribution and commitment to environmental protection in Ontario.
- RAIN received the Council of the Federation Excellence in Water Stewardship Award. This award recognizes outstanding achievements, innovative practice and leadership in water stewardship.