Services we provide to municipalities
We offer a full slate of services that have been developed, tested and refined to help meet real stormwater management diversion goals in your municipality.
RAIN Community Solutions offers local governments a range of services that will attract attention, communicate the benefits of green stormwater infrastructure and motivate action to manage rain where it falls.
Community outreach and media
- Booths at community events to engage directly with the public
- Presentations to community groups and potential partners
- How-to workshops and training (rain gardens, pet waste composters, rain harvesting, dry basements, etc.)
- High profile events like Depave Paradise, where volunteers tear up unused pavement and “liberate the soil.”
- Projects that showcase stormwater innovations at highly visible community locations, developed in partnership with community groups, businesses, and public institutions
Site specific advice consultations led by certified RAIN Guides
- Review site specific concerns with property owners
- Familiarize owners with path of runoff and potential problem areas
- Make recommendations for keeping basements dry
- Outline infiltration landscaping and rainwater harvesting opportunities
- Provide a detailed written report with links to further resources and contractors
Neighbourhood action planning
- A series of meetings and other engagement activities in a neighbourhood that has experienced repeated flooding
- Collaborative development of a neighbourhood action plan
- Survey homeowners to determine attitudes, behaviors, barriers and opportunities concerning stormwater, flooding and runoff management
- Train designers, suppliers and contractors to improve availability of related products and services such as installation of cisterns, rain gardens, bioswales, infiltration galleries, and permeable paving
- Develop a qualified, RAIN-certified contractor referral list
Ready to take the next step?
Get in touch with us to start the conversation about bringing the RAIN Program to your community.